At the very end of last year, LG sent me over their first 34-inch curved UltraWide 21:9, the 34UC97, which I fell head over heels in love with. The 21:9 aspect ratio was something I had never experienced before, and while 4K has its place, the vertical pixels aren't used as much as something that is wider.
The LG 34UC97 was my workstation display up until very recently, when LG reached out to me about its new 34-inch curved UltraWide monitor, the 34UC87C. The original 34UC97 was an incredible monitor with its 3440x1440 native resolution, but it featured Thunderbolt connectivity, which is a big deal for professionals.
This is one of two big differences between the 34UC97 and the 34UC87C, with the latter not featuring Thunderbolt. But, the new 34UC87C has a kick ass new stand that is fully height adjustable, which is something that the older 34UC97 lacked. All in all, both monitors are virtually identical when it comes down to specifications, which we're going to get into now.
Specifications, Availability & Price
We have the same 34-inch curved UltraWide screen with a 21:9 aspect ratio and native resolution of 3440x1440, with LG using an IPS panel for perfect colors. There's 300 cd/m2 of brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 178-degree viewing angles.
LG has provided HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity, dropping the Thunderbolt connector that the 34UC97 has. There's also a couple of USB 3.0 ports on the back of the screen, too, joined by a headphone jack. LG has also provided two 7W speakers on the 34UC87C, which are actually quite impressive when you don't have a pair of speakers connected to your PC or Mac.
During our review, the LG 34UC87C fluctuated between $879.44 and $921.49 on Amazon. Even at its list price of $999, it's an incredible monitor for the price.
PRICING: You can find the LG 34UC87C for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The LG 34UC87C retails for $879 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The LG 34UC87C retails for £728 at Amazon UK.
Australia: The LG 34UC87C retails for $1349 AUD at PLE Computers.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!