Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm already has a pretty decent overclock performed to the GM200 GPU, but there is some great headroom left for overclocking. We were able to reach as high as 1350MHz Boost on our sample, but it was not stable in all of our tests.
Knocking it down to 1340MHz was good, but Heaven did not like it. We kicked it down to 1325MHz, and this was stable for all of our benchmarking and tests. Does the OC help? Take a look at our results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
Nearly all of the GTX 980 Ti cards have the same power consumption, coming it at around 360W with our full system - with the ArcticStorm being no exception. We have 360W of total system power consumption.
Just like the rest of our GTX 980 Ti cards, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm was uber-quiet during our testing. Throughout all of our game testing and real-time Battlefield 4 matches, the ArcticStorm did not make a sound.
It was only during the strenuous 50/100% manual fan speed testing that we heard anything from the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3840x2160 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440 UltraWide]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking, Power Consumption & Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [What's Hot & What's Not]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]