Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
This is an area that I didn't expect to squeeze too much from, but the GM206 GPU continued to impress me as I pushed the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G. I thought I would squeeze another 3-5% out of the card, but I ended up with quite a good overclock in the end.
I was able to push the GPU clock from 1127MHz to 1252MHz, which saw the Boost clock jumping from 1317MHz to 1442MHz. The 2GB of GDDR5 was also overclocked from 1663MHz to 1713MHz. Check out our overclocked results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
When it came to power consumption, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G sipped just 180W from our system, while the GTX 960 uses 235W.
During our gaming and benchmarking sessions, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G was ultra-silent. We didn't hear a peep out of it, and while it struck me as strange, I didn't worry about it. The GM206 GPU is just sipping power, but how much power?
Our entire LGA 2011 system was using just 180W of power under load, which is just great. The card is only using 90W of power itself, so for gamers who don't want to be running up the power bill, the GTX 950 is quite the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series