Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler
With the NH-C14S fresh out of the box, we take a look at the front where we find a newly designed fin from the original is used and still sports the Noctua logo and six heat pipes poking through them. The fan is shipped below decks to show that this cooler is great for cases that won't allow a full-tower, but can use 115mm coolers.
From this side, we counted 68 fins across the stack, and even though the close off section of the sides is offset a bit high, there is a groove for a fan to be clipped along the top, just like the fan is clipped on from below.
With six heat pipes packed very close in the base, they angle away from each other as they move upwards, and all six of the pipes are set off to the sides where the majority of the airflow is found. The center bar is just for support, but replaces a much thinner bit of metal the NH-C14 had.
Since we covered the fan clips and fins on the last side, the last bit we have to note is the offset of the base to the fin stack. This allows you to shift the bulk of the cooler over the memory, over the top or left side of the motherboard, to add more cooling where it can be used best.
The top of the cooler is high on both sides and slowly drops in the middle. Along with the pair of large holes for mounting this cooler, we also see saw tooth patterns used on either side to help disturb the air nearest the bulk of the heat pipes.
The base of the cooler comes of course with the large plastic pop off cover to protect it. We also notice that the fan is installed to blow the air out and away from the motherboard. While not great for components, with the fan below the cooler, this is the most efficient way to keep CPU temperatures down.
Taking the fan away, we can see the top of the base and the mounting screws. The heat pipes are sandwiched into copper blocks along the bottom. As the base extends upwards, they have pinned the large diameter support bar in the base and screwed that down with a top plate.
Taking stability one step further. Not only has the support bar diameter greatly increased, but Noctua also added in a pair of braces to make certain that no matter the orientation, the cooler will not go out of shape.
Now back to the other side of the base, as we have now removed the plastic cover to show you what we found. Here we have milling marks plainly visible, and against a straight edge, the base is slightly convex.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-C14S for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-C14S retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-C14S retails for £79 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- As far as pricing is concerned, the NH-C14S should be sold at our MSRP of USD 74.90. The initial demand has been higher than expected though and unfortunately, we couldn't make supply catch up with demand yet, so some resellers are asking excessive prices. We're working hard to ramp up production as quickly as possible so that the NH-C14S will soon be available at its intended price of USD 74.90.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit