As we stated in our opening page of the review, MSI has two versions of the GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G, the stock Gaming 4G and the Gaming 4G LE with scaled back overclocks. It's still an overclocked GTX 980, but it is slightly less souped up.
Where the GTX 980 Gaming 4G has a Core Clock of 1216MHz in OC Mode, this card has a stock Core Clock of 1162MHz. This affects the Boost Clocks too, with the Gaming 4G higher at 1317MHz, while the Gaming 4G LE is clocked at 1253MHz.
There are three modes to the clock speeds too, with OC Mode, Gaming Mode and Silent Mode all offering varying speeds, as you can see from the screenshot above.
This is where MSI has one of the most unique, and one of the most powerful coolers on the market: Twin Frozr. MSI has provided the GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE with its impressive Twin Frozr V unit, which keeps the card around 17% cooler than the reference GTX 980 cooler. Under MSI's own testing, the reference GTX 980 sits at around 81C, while the Twin Frozr V keeps the GTX 980 at a much cooler 67C.
MSI's Twin Frozr V cooler on the GTX 980 Gaming 4G LE uses Torx fans, where the fan blades get the hot air away from the heat pipes much more efficiently. It disperses the air much quicker, getting it away from the heat sink and keeping your GPU much cooler.
Laying down, we see the card and its triple heat pipe design on the Twin Frozr V popping out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]