We recently looked at both capacities of the Amazon-only Patriot Torch. The Patriot Blaze shares similar components to the Torch series, but ships in more capacities, and is sold at more locations. Online, we found the Blaze series at the usual shops, and we have even seen them at brick and mortar stores like Fry's Electronics.
The Blaze 240GB model we're testing today uses a Phison S8 controller, Nanya DDR3 DRAM, and IMFT 16nm ONFi flash. The setup sounds identical to the Torch 240GB model we just tested, but there is one small difference between the two; the Blaze 240GB uses standard voltage DDR3 DRAM, while the Torch 240GB uses low voltage DDR3, also from Nanya.
Specifications, Pricing, and Availability
The Patriot Blaze ships in four capacities. The 60GB and 120GB models both use Phison S9 controllers, a DRAM-less controller built for cache duty. Both the 480GB models and the 240GB we're testing today use Phison S8 controllers with a DRAM buffer.
Patriot claims 555 MB/s sequential read performance, and 535 MB/s sequential write speed for the Blaze 240GB we're testing today. Random performance isn't stated, but we'll find that out in our testing today.
Unlike the Torch products we recently reviewed, the Blaze series ships in a full retail friendly box. This does raise the overall cost slightly. We found the Blaze 240GB at Amazon for $126.45, and all capacities in the Blaze series include a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Blaze 240GB SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Patriot Blaze 240GB retails for $145.38 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage