NZXT Kraken X31 CPU Cooler
The view of the head unit shows us that the design is painted on the top cover this time, and it matches what we saw on the previous versions, but will not illuminate on the X31. Similar to the other models, the Kraken X31 also comes with the Intel hardware pre-installed, and locked into place.
As with all AIOs, this also has an inlet and outlet tube. Here the tubes are slid over the ninety degree swivel fittings, and locked into place with thick rings. We also see three leads coming from below the fittings, but this time there is no braid covering them.
This unit ships with a plastic cover over the cold plate. This obviously protects the copper base from anything damaging it, but it should also protect the paste under it as well.
The Kraken X31 is the only one of the three AIOs we received that shows any sort of a disturbance in the paste. There has been some contact near the top, but there are no signs of paste on the plastic cap. Even so, the paste is still in good enough condition to use it as-is.
With the factory paste removed, we find a copper base with a high center and concentric circles left from the milling process; in other words, it is not level, it is convex, and there are fine lines visible in the mating surface.
As we move away from the head unit, we still need to see those leads that come out of it. Here we see the eight and a half inch long, three-pin pump power lead on the left. Then there is the ten inch long, dual four-pin fan power lead, and bent back and forth is the twenty-three and a half inch long, USB 2.0 connection.
In this image, we have one end of the tape against the inside edge of the radiator, and at this end we see, at most, fifteen and one quarter inch of tubing. Quite a bit short of 400mm (15.75"), or the sixteen inch claim seen on the box. Still, it's longer than the tubing of other AIOs on the market.
Here we see the 120mm aluminium radiator that is tasked, along with the fan, to remove the heat from the coolant. This dual pass, 22F FPI design may seem ordinary this way, but with the extra 3mm of room, it offers a 1.5mm offset on either side of the fans to boost fan efficiency.
If you look over the top of the header, you can see the offset between where the fan mounts, and where the fins start at the other end of the radiator. On this end, we find the sticker that provides the model number at the left, and the 7.5W maximum power draw on the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X31 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Telltale Games shuts down, future games likely cancelled
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games