Installation and Finished Product
First thing to do is to be sure the nuts in the ends of the backplate are all in the right position of the three available for Intel. Once those are set, you simply drop in the backplate, and hold it there as you flip the motherboard over to continue.
With the board flipped over, you then install the four standoffs supplied in the kit. There is no need for washers to isolate the motherboard; since the standoffs don't actually screw down and compress the motherboard, this assembly should be slightly loose when the standoffs are out of threads.
At this point we went ahead and mounted the fans to the radiator in the inside, as it works best for our test system. We also have the cover off the head unit, and paste on the CPU, so we just need to get things mounted.
Set the head unit on the CPU, after applying paste, and in an X-pattern, screw down the four large nuts. Just as the head unit starts to get some pressure, the entire assembly will lock solidly to the motherboard.
To get here, there are some things to remember. Make sure the pump power lead is plugged in, and if you plan to use the fan power lead, also make sure to plug in the SATA connection, specifically if you plan to populate all four plugs. The last bit to take into consideration is running that USB cable. There is enough to run along the outside, and even enough to go up and over the board, running down behind it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [NZXT CAM Software Tutorial]
- Page 7 [NZXT CAM Software Usability]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions