Swiftech H220-X all-in-one CPU Cooler
Here we have the H220-X fresh out of the box. There is a much thinner water block this time around since the pump was moved to the radiator, which is nice, and also allows for a much larger LED lit area on the Apogee XL. Fans are pre-installed in a push configuration on top since the reservoir and pump block almost half of one fan spot under the radiator.
The Apogee XL you see now can be purchased individually, in various configurations, but with the H220-X, we get the black model with the large plate with the backlit logo in the center.
As we move around to the side, we find they start slim at the bottom with the copper base plate, and gradually get wider nearer the top. Along with that angular design, the sides are also cut with angles around them, and are clear of the pre-installed Intel mounting hardware.
Under the Apogee XL, we find a base that is higher in the middle than it is at the edges, and it is polished to a near mirror shine. The edges of the contact pad on this base do appear to be rounded, but keep in mind, that is well outside of the contact area of the CPU.
To keep the 3/8 inch ID tubing securely fastened to the CPU block, Swiftech uses anodized aluminium clamps that hold the tubing to the swivel fittings. Also, with the screw block side, they cannot be over tightened and cause potential leaks just as easily as under tightening them. This way is foolproof.
In this newer configuration, we see that there is nine and a half inches of tubing from the CPU block to the radiator. In most top mounting instances, this will not be an issue, but the nice thing is, if it doesn't reach as you want it to, you can just replace the tubing and refill the loop. Simple.
The radiator/pump/reservoir combination component of this design is how Swiftech chose to arrange things. The pump pulls in coolant through the reservoir, and out the line on its left side. In the window under the logo, when powered and backlit, you can keep an eye on coolant levels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA releases TOP SECRET Sonic Racing game
- Ethereum dips to just $455, after highs of $1360 in January
- Twitter could also ruin cryptocurrency ad party with bans
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit