Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
Well we sort of expected that with so much surface area that the stock results would be good, we just didn't honestly expect them to be this good. When the run was completed, the 46.5 degree temperature we saw not only impressed us, but takes top honors at this level.
This is where we expected the performance to be seen, and boy does Thermaltake supply the performance.
With a 65.75 degree result in the overclocked testing, the Water 3.0 Ultimate tops the chart. Of course, this is against mostly 240mm solutions, but there are a couple there in the chart that got handily beat that offer very similar amounts of surface area in their radiators.
Noise Level Results
With just 7.5 volts pushed to the fans, we found them to be spinning at 1400 RPM, but they did climb in this chart to our reading of 38 dB that is very near the bottom of the charts.
When it came to allowing the fans to spread their wings and let lose, we saw them spinning at 1900 RPM, while delivering 65 dB of noise. While that is on par with a stock cooler at full blast, we also knew coming into this that we have yet to see a near 100CFM fan that can do it with much less noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard