ABIT's motherboard offerings are, in short, few and far between. While ABIT does a good gob to try and include every chipset of value in their portfolio, unlike companies like Gigabyte and the likes, there is usually only one motherboard based on these chipsets, unless they are an extremely good overclocker or have some extra merit.
VIA's PT880 chipset for the Pentium 4 platform has come out as one of the big guns. Designed to take on Intel's 875P chipset, it has thus proven to be more of the Intel 865PE killer. Designed to use Dual Channel memory, something VIA has been apposed to or a long time (since the introduction from its main competitors SiS, Intel and nVidia) it has been a necessity that VIA adopt the Dual Channel memory standards for optimal performance against its competitors.
Today we take a look at ABIT's take on the PT880 chipset. Let's see what ABIT adds to the party as they take on the Dual Channel Pentium 4 chipset from VIA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- ABIT VT7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 3 [Features]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT VT7 - Page 12 [Conclusion]