We've got our first-ever BenQ monitor in the lab for review. BenQ provides quite a few different models of displays, with something available for almost everyone. As gamers, we're particularly interested in what they offer.
A quick look on their website shows a total of eight displays as categorized for gaming. We have the XL2720Z in for review today, but they offer monitors in a variety of sizes and prices. The XL2720Z is one of their top models, featuring a 27-inch LED panel and 144Hz refresh rate, but we'll get into those details in a moment.
We'll be most interested to see how the XL2720Z compares to the AOC G2460PQU, another 144Hz gamer-oriented monitor. The G2460PQU is a 24-inch panel, but both monitors provide the same Full HD resolution. But enough with that, let's move to the specs of today's review sample.
Specifications and Pricing
The XL2720Z comes with a few key features, but we'll cover the basics first. We've already stated that this is a 27-inch LED panel that features Full HD (1080p resolution). We also covered the refresh rate, which clocks in at 144Hz.
BenQ's specs say that the panel features 300 cd/m^2 of brightness and a native contrast ratio of 1000:1. The dynamic contrast ratio is rated at 12,000,000:1. The monitor is capable of displaying 16.7 million colors, with a color gamut of 72 percent.
The panel is a TN-type panel, so color reproduction is going to be less accurate than competing IPS monitors, though IPS monitors have trouble reaching faster refresh rates. BenQ says the panel consumes 27W, but we found it to be a bit lower; we'll discuss this on our test results page.
The stand features the standard tilt adjustments. Unlike a lot of monitors, the stand also features height adjustment, rotation, and swivel; all are nice features to have in a monitor stand. The monitor features numerous inputs. On board, we have a D-sub port, a DVI-DL port, two HDMI ports, and a DisplayPort 1.2 port.
BenQ has added quite a number of special features to this gaming monitor, including motion blur reduction and low blue light. Motion blur reduction should be obvious as to what it does, and the low blue light feature reduces strain on the eyes by reducing the amount of blue light being emitted. Turning it up adjusts the color of the display, so it's best not to use this when working on color-sensitive projects. It's worth noting that the monitor is NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 certified for your 3D gaming needs.
The OSD features 17 languages, and we'll cover the options available a bit later in the review.
PRICING: You can find the BenQ XL2720Z 144Hz Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The BenQ XL2720Z 144Hz Monitor retails for $499.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit