In addition to the S23 we reviewed recently, Lexar has added another flash storage solution to their portfolio.
The Lexar S33 carries the same colorful characteristics as the previous S23 and the same capacity options of 8GB to 128GB. Marketing for the 32GB model we have in-house claims 100 MB/s read and 55 MB/s write. Compatibility of the S33 extends to modern Windows operating systems and OS X.
MSRP of the Lexar S33 in the 32GB flavor is listed at $49.99 with a three-year warranty.
Packaging for the S33 houses the drive in the center with marketing information to the right.
The back of the packaging does give a little information on the S33.
The Lexar S33 carries a similar small footprint to the S23.
As you can see above, the Lexar S33 uses a hinged design.
The Lexar S33 is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 29.8GB.
CrystalDiskMark results for the S33 came in at 114 MB/s read and 37 MB/s write.
Price/Performance put the Lexar S33 just above the recently reviewed S23 at 55 percent.
The Lexar S33 is a unique flash drive and one of only a few I have seen to use the hinged design. The build quality seems to be quite good, and all of the materials seem to have minimal tolerances.
Performance of the Lexar S33 is ample, with 114 MB/s read and 37 MB/s write. However, with the current MSRP being set at $49.99 for the tested 32GB model, I feel it may be too much for the performance included.
Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Lexar S33 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Lexar S33 (32GB) retails for $26.18 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure