Test System Setup and Overclocking
As we keep testing more and more Z97 motherboards, the number of setups in our graphs is growing. Sitting alongside our MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC, which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we have the recently looked at MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC that, as we mentioned in the introduction, did an excellent job of impressing us.
As for the other Z97 boards in our graphs today, we have the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, ASRock Z97 Extreme4, and GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H to round off that side of things. Along with them, we've also got the ASRock Z87 Killer to nicely round things off.
As always, before we get into the performance side of things, we need to cover overclocking. Heading into the BIOS, we thought we'd take the plunge and go for the 50x multiplier. While everything was looking pretty good, as we got through our encode process, we found ourselves greeted with a BSOD.
Heading back into the BIOS and messing around with the voltages, multiplier, and BCLK, you can see that our final overclock came in at 4.9Ghz. This is a strong overclock and falls in line with what we see out of a lot of motherboards with this particular CPU. Let's leave it at that and see just what kind of numbers we get out of the MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023