Test System Setup and Overclocking
As we keep testing more and more Z97 motherboards, the number of setups in our graphs is growing. Sitting alongside our MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC, which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we have the recently looked at MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC that, as we mentioned in the introduction, did an excellent job of impressing us.
As for the other Z97 boards in our graphs today, we have the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, ASRock Z97 Extreme4, and GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H to round off that side of things. Along with them, we've also got the ASRock Z87 Killer to nicely round things off.
As always, before we get into the performance side of things, we need to cover overclocking. Heading into the BIOS, we thought we'd take the plunge and go for the 50x multiplier. While everything was looking pretty good, as we got through our encode process, we found ourselves greeted with a BSOD.
Heading back into the BIOS and messing around with the voltages, multiplier, and BCLK, you can see that our final overclock came in at 4.9Ghz. This is a strong overclock and falls in line with what we see out of a lot of motherboards with this particular CPU. Let's leave it at that and see just what kind of numbers we get out of the MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam