Earlier this year we had the Leef Magnet 3.0 flash drive in the lab. Today, we revisit the drive, but not before Leef had time to redesign the drive with copper.
The Leef Magnet 3.0 Copper is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities, with our sample being the 16GB model. Compatibility of this flash drive extends to Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8, along with OS X.
MSRP of the Leef Magnet 3.0 Copper in the 16GB flavor is listed at $19.99, with a five-year warranty.
Being part of the Copper series from Leef, the Magnet 3.0 shares the same package design as the ICE 3.0 Copper, and Surge Copper.
The back of the packaging does carries marketing information.
Here we have our first look at the Magnet 3.0 Copper. As you can see, the drive carries a full enclosure made of copper, with an acrylic end offering a soft glow of the white LED.
The Leef Magnet 3.0 Copper is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 14.9GB.
CDM presented us with 75 MB/s read, and 10 Mb/s write. This performance is similar to what we found with the original Magnet 3.0.
Price/Performance has the Magnet 3.0 Copper just above the original drive at 29%. What really helps the Magnet 3.0 Copper is its excellent price.
The Leef Magnet 3.0 Copper is a great drive for those that want a good amount of performance, along with aesthetic appeal from the Copper enclosure. The build quality was found to be superb, and it really compliments the drive.
Performance of the drive was ample; while it certainly isn't the quickest drive on the market, it does offer a decent amount of performance for those that want something that looks good.
The Leef Magnet 3.0 Copper in the 16GB capacity enjoys a great MSRP of $19.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit