A few months ago, we reviewed our very first products from the California based company called Leef. Recently, I was contacted about the possibility of getting a few new flash solutions from Leef in-house. So, today we start off with the ICE 3.0 Copper.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities. The sample sent over for this article is the 16GB variant, and it offers compatibility between Microsoft Windows, OSX, and Linux.
MSRP of the Leef ICE 3.0 Copper in the 16GB flavor is listed at $18.99, with a five-year warranty.
The packaging for the ICE 3.0 Copper is quite unique. As you can see, we have copper embedded into the cardboard, with the drive itself behind a plastic cover.
The back of the packaging offers marketing information for the drive.
Here we check out the ICE 3.0 Copper, which immediately made me think of a certain battery vendor. Here we have a blend of black, copper, and acrylic.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 15GB.
With CDM, we managed to reach 147 MB/s read, and 20 MB/s write in sequential; 512K offered higher performance at 129 MB/s read, and 38 MB/s write.
Price/Performance allowed the ICE 3.0 Copper to fit in the middle of the pack at 48%. This is also the highest rated Leef drive on our chart.
The ICE 3.0 Copper is the quickest drive we have had the chance to test from Leef. That being said, the aesthetic design of the drive offers a certain amount of appeal with its black on copper design, and the acrylic softens the glow from the LED. Build quality of the drive was rather exceptional, while being a capped design, the cap fits rather snug, so I don't foresee any issues with losing the cap.
Performance of the drive was rather good as well. Here we were able to reach 147 MB/s read, and 20MB/s write with large sequential transfers; however, the drive does appear to do better with smaller files.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper in the 16GB capacity enjoys a great MSRP of $18.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!