A few months ago, we reviewed our very first products from the California based company called Leef. Recently, I was contacted about the possibility of getting a few new flash solutions from Leef in-house. So, today we start off with the ICE 3.0 Copper.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities. The sample sent over for this article is the 16GB variant, and it offers compatibility between Microsoft Windows, OSX, and Linux.
MSRP of the Leef ICE 3.0 Copper in the 16GB flavor is listed at $18.99, with a five-year warranty.
The packaging for the ICE 3.0 Copper is quite unique. As you can see, we have copper embedded into the cardboard, with the drive itself behind a plastic cover.
The back of the packaging offers marketing information for the drive.
Here we check out the ICE 3.0 Copper, which immediately made me think of a certain battery vendor. Here we have a blend of black, copper, and acrylic.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 15GB.
With CDM, we managed to reach 147 MB/s read, and 20 MB/s write in sequential; 512K offered higher performance at 129 MB/s read, and 38 MB/s write.
Price/Performance allowed the ICE 3.0 Copper to fit in the middle of the pack at 48%. This is also the highest rated Leef drive on our chart.
The ICE 3.0 Copper is the quickest drive we have had the chance to test from Leef. That being said, the aesthetic design of the drive offers a certain amount of appeal with its black on copper design, and the acrylic softens the glow from the LED. Build quality of the drive was rather exceptional, while being a capped design, the cap fits rather snug, so I don't foresee any issues with losing the cap.
Performance of the drive was rather good as well. Here we were able to reach 147 MB/s read, and 20MB/s write with large sequential transfers; however, the drive does appear to do better with smaller files.
The Leef ICE 3.0 Copper in the 16GB capacity enjoys a great MSRP of $18.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit