Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual CPU Cooler
The head unit is an attractive one. Here we have a brushed outer ring followed by a black and white ring that will turn the white section blue when the cooler is powered. Inside the plate the Zalman name is surrounded by two half circles; both are done in textured metal as well.
Both of the swivel fittings get screwed to the head unit to keep them from coming loose, and we also see that the three-pin power lead for the pump comes from the head unit right next to them.
The outer ring is held to the head unit with screws, but between them are metal threaded inserts to accept mounting hardware. The cold plate is shipped with the protective sticker on it, which tells you to remove it before you install the cooler to the motherboard.
After removing the protective film, we find a much oxidized and just funky looking copper cold plate. After a bit of cleaning, and polishing it up a touch, we found slight circular milling marks, and the center of the plate is slightly higher than the edges.
Moving away from the head unit, we find ten and a half inches of black tubing running to the center of the dual radiator; that's right, we say center. The location of the tubing in the radiator should offset the need for longer tubing.
Now we get to the dual radiator. You can easily see the tubing connecting in the middle as described, and this also is what makes the radiator a tad longer than most. Each side offers a two pass cooler that takes the coolant behind each of the clear nine-bladed fans to either side, for a total of four complete passes behind the fans for maximum cooling potential.
As we take a gander at the back of the radiator, you can now see that the middle is where both of the round coolers are tied together, and to the tubing. We also see a fan hub in the center that takes two fans leads down to a single power cable.
Zalman doesn't just clad the cooler in plastic and leave it at that. The sides are both designed with X patterns in them along with the name of the cooler; unfortunately this will all be upside down in a chassis.
When it comes to powering the system, you will need two headers to do so. The pump uses only a three-pin to supply power, but the fans can take advantage of the PWM headers, and allow for some fluctuation based on thermals.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions