Over the last year and a half, we have seen many flash drives come through the lab. Of these many drives, very few of them are truly built to last forever. In fact, the way I see it, and I'm sure many of you do as well, flash drives are disposable storage solutions.
A little over a year ago, we looked at the MX ES. If I remember right, it was one of the very first flash drives I reviewed. Today, we come back to that flash drive as Mach Xtreme Technology has released new, larger capacity drives in this series. The MX ES was one of the very few drives to come through using SLC NAND, with the only other drive I can think of being the Lexar Triton. The MX ES in the 64GB capacity carries marketing specifications of 200 MB/s read, and 200 MB/s write. Compatibility extends to modern Windows operating systems, along with OS X.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology ES in the 64GB flavor is listed at $109.99 with a five-year warranty.
Packaging for the MX ES consists of a cardboard backer, and bubble plastic covering. Marketing information is listed on the left side of the packaging.
The flash drive itself is housed in an aluminium case with a capped design.
Here you can see the USB 3.0 port.
The MX ES is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 59.5GB.
Above, we have the results from our testing with CDM. As you can see, we were able to reach 207 MB/s read, and 216 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the MX ES in the 64GB capacity brought the drive up quite a bit over its 32GB counterpart. Here you can see we are now at 55% over the 45% of the 32GB model.
With larger capacity flash drives, the increase in capacity yields more performance. The same can be said here with the 64GB MX ES. With the increase up to 64GB, we have gained 35 MB/s read, and 30 MB/s write, with the same level of build quality found in the smaller capacities. Of course, part of that build quality comes from the use of SLC NAND, and the aluminium exterior.
Performance of the MX ES was quite good. We were able to top 200 MB/s both read and write, and our Price/Performance charts put the drive right in the middle of the pack.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology ES in the 64GB capacity is set at $109.99 with a five-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY ES 64GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY ES 64GB retails for $109.00 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leak: Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch scheduled for May 10 debut
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today
- Alternate Between Two Parallel Universes to Help a Girl Retrieve Her Memories in REHTONA