Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
At the beginning of our testing we look at the idle temperatures, and this Enermax sat at 26.25 degrees after some time of sitting doing absolutely nothing. We do leave the head unit at full speed for all testing, and that registered at 2566 RPM most of the time.
Once we got to the load testing, we find the 49.5 degree result to be very good. Getting into the top five is not easy to accomplish, but the Liqtech 240 has gotten there.
With the overclock now applied, the idle temperature slightly climbed to 27 degrees. As we got to the loaded testing, we find that this cooler is somehow a bit lacking.
With all of that air flow and pressure, we would have expected this to be the best AIO on the market at 240mm, but we find the 71.5 degree average result a little confusing, as well as disappointing. Even after many remounts of the head unit, three tests in each orientation, and even being sure to get the radiator higher than the block, we did not see any improvements more than a degree, give or take, from each run.
Noise Level Results
Powering this pair of high performance fans with only 7.5V does result in some audible noise; even with the RPM down near 800 RPM, we were finding the 37 dB noise level. This is expected really, since the 12S is at the same level with the same fan.
Once we allowed the fans to stretch their legs, reporting 2547 RPM, we found these fans to be downright obnoxious at 68dB. Even in a sealed chassis with sound deadening materials, you are going to hear this cooler with this sort of power to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit