Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
Our Liqtech 120S ended up at 50.75 degrees in the stock level of loaded temperatures. Moving out about five places in either direction, we see that this Enermax is capable of keeping up with its competition, and it falls just slightly behind a dual radiator version form a competitor.
We can only assume that the HP model would perform better, but only marginally different at this level.
As we move over to the overclocked settings, we find the Liqtech 120S has moved up a slot on this chart. Within four degrees of the lead, a 71.08 degree average is commendable, and proves to be more efficient than its Silverstone rival, and again, just shy of dual radiator based AIOs
Noise Level Results
We weren't really all that pleased with the noise levels, but we are dealing with a lot of CFM and a high FPI radiator in this design, and this is expected for this cooler. As far as other AIOs are concerned, this Enermax falls in the garage range for noise.
With 12V moving the fan blades at this point, we are now getting more than 100 CFM passing through the tight fin structure, and the noise climbs to a level that gets to be annoying over the length of the testing we did. Thankfully, this fan is PWM capable, and will not need to run at this level very often.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120S AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series