While this Alphacool set will cost you a fair bit up front, it is one of the better equipped kits I have seen that is all ready to build. It seems like almost every time we do a kit, there is something off or missing from the hardware that is a major stopping point to completing the build. You will not find that here. There is more than enough hardware to build the basic system, and they even send two sets of fan screws so that you have the hardware needed even if you plan to move to thicker fans.
Everything from the coolant, which is just enough to fill our loop with not a drop extra, down to the ATX bridge plug, cool copper name plates you can stick where you think they look best, and a complete loop for CPU cooling is included. For most companies to get this level of thermal performance, they are going to kill your ears doing it, and somehow Alphacool figured it all out as long as you have room for this super thick 60mm of radiator, or 90mm of radiator, fan, and hardware.
What we also loved about the NexXos Cool Answer 240 D5/UT set is that not only was everything included, but this arrangement of parts is top notch, and not just average goodies pulled off the shelf. The fans... wow! they are silent, and when strapped to the UT60, magic really does happen. The tubing is easy to cut, and even easy to trim if it's a tad too long for the slick matte fittings offered along in this set. We also liked the craftsmanship of the design where there are really no tools needed other than a screwdriver to mount the fans, radiator, and the reservoir, but even with the reservoir, they give you the wrench you need.
What you are left with is a very sleek and cool looking and performing water cooling loop that is more than ready to take on any CPU, and the kit will even grow along with funds and your desire to add more bits into the loop. Even while it may be a simple touch, the one thing that really sold us on this kit was the copper used not only as the base of the block, or to be used in all components of the radiator, but using it also on the name plates, caps, and the sweet front mounted fill port; it just takes this kit to a level higher than what we typically are sent.
While the price may make you ponder the NexXoS Cool answer 240 D5/UT kit, there is no need to worry, and it is money well spent. The entire kit is taken to that level where there is nothing left to do but install it once everything is out of the box. This kit also gives off a feel of sleekness and almost a "professional" quality that other companies get very close to, but they often don't take it to the level that Alphacool has.
Even though it may be hard to find, and the Alphacool name may be brand new to you, they are well worth your attention, and with the steam-punk look to this kit, and with many copper parts available on the aftermarket shelves, this set is a great addition to any system in need of water cooling and is a great base system to get started with that won't leave you wanting when adding a card or motherboard into this loop. Alphacool came out of the shadows and really surprised us with the level of quality, performance, and the lack of noise associated with most other contenders for your hard earned dollars.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower