Cooler Master CM 690III and Seidon 120 Bundle
Fresh out of the box and looking it dead in the face, we see a whole lot of steel mesh running from the bottom, up past the logo, and right through the three bay covers as it bends to meet the top of the chassis. To the sides there are thick strips of black plastic that are both trimmed with chrome at the outer edges.
As the mesh rolls over and terminates at the top of the chassis, we see a shiny black cover to protect the I/O panel, and the little cubby they offer there. As you continue back, we see more of that mesh at the back, which can be removed to access mounting holes.
The top panel simply slides back for access to the USB 3.0, HD Audio jacks, and USB 2.0 connections, or to power or reset the system. Behind that is a tray to stash some goodies too, but remember, the lid does not lock; in fact, it can slide right off the chassis.
The left side of the chassis offers tight lines where the top meets the frame, as well as where the panels meet the front and frame. Also, there is a very large side window, but it stops short to the right to block any view of the bays.
At the top there is a thumbscrew to allow the top to be removed. As we move down, we find the rear I/O and the 120mm exhaust fan, along with three grommets for water cooling and wiring to pass out of the chassis. Then there is the seven plus one arrangement of expansion slots, which leaves room for a PSU at the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is painted with the same textured midnight black paint as the rest of the chassis and its interior. There is a large bump in the panel to add quite a bit of room for more wiring behind the motherboard tray.
The bottom of the chassis offers long rectangular plastic feet that have rubber strips applied; this is one of the stickiest cases we have tried to slide around on glass. There is also a dust filter that will slide out the back of the chassis, and at the front there are four screws holding in the bottom section of the HDD bays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- Mono Studio release launch trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark
- My Nintendo Gold Points can be used for Switch Online plans
- Amazon's MMO title 'New World' gets batch of screenshots
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.