Cooler Master CM 690III and Seidon 120 Bundle
Fresh out of the box and looking it dead in the face, we see a whole lot of steel mesh running from the bottom, up past the logo, and right through the three bay covers as it bends to meet the top of the chassis. To the sides there are thick strips of black plastic that are both trimmed with chrome at the outer edges.
As the mesh rolls over and terminates at the top of the chassis, we see a shiny black cover to protect the I/O panel, and the little cubby they offer there. As you continue back, we see more of that mesh at the back, which can be removed to access mounting holes.
The top panel simply slides back for access to the USB 3.0, HD Audio jacks, and USB 2.0 connections, or to power or reset the system. Behind that is a tray to stash some goodies too, but remember, the lid does not lock; in fact, it can slide right off the chassis.
The left side of the chassis offers tight lines where the top meets the frame, as well as where the panels meet the front and frame. Also, there is a very large side window, but it stops short to the right to block any view of the bays.
At the top there is a thumbscrew to allow the top to be removed. As we move down, we find the rear I/O and the 120mm exhaust fan, along with three grommets for water cooling and wiring to pass out of the chassis. Then there is the seven plus one arrangement of expansion slots, which leaves room for a PSU at the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is painted with the same textured midnight black paint as the rest of the chassis and its interior. There is a large bump in the panel to add quite a bit of room for more wiring behind the motherboard tray.
The bottom of the chassis offers long rectangular plastic feet that have rubber strips applied; this is one of the stickiest cases we have tried to slide around on glass. There is also a dust filter that will slide out the back of the chassis, and at the front there are four screws holding in the bottom section of the HDD bays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit