Sit back and think for a minute about just how many companies offer a chassis segment as well as offering one, if not many, AIO coolers under their names. Places like Corsair, NZXT, Antec, and Zalman, I'm sure I am missing a couple, but not one of them has thought what a great idea it would be to package both an AIO, and a chassis in one lump sum. That is until Cooler Master took the reins and is now offering just that: a chassis slash AIO combo that can still be more affordable than buying them one at a time as other companies will make you do.
Since this is a two part deal, let's discuss exactly what you are getting here. Cooler Master has had great success with the CM 690 chassis, so much so in fact that they have now brought out the third of its generation in the CM 690 III that they deliver in this kit. While stylistically similar to the original cases, the CM 690 III has had quite a few changes made internally, and one major change externally; other than that, it is a sturdy mid-tower chassis to choose if sold all by itself.
The other component of the kit is then the Seidon 120 AIO. This uses a square head unit with easy to change hardware, it offers one fan to cool it, and it transfers heat via a single 120mm radiator that is 27mm in thickness. This way, not only do you have a chassis you can be proud of, but you get the AIO included at a good deal, and have a themed build well underway.
As we look at the new CM 690 III with the Seidon 120, we have quite a few things to cover. Of course, we know from previous cooler testing that Cooler Master is on the top of the game now in AIOs, and there should be no disappointments with CPU thermal performance.
On the other hand, we also have to look at the chassis, and from what we have seen in the previous CM690 II, Cooler Master had a solid little beast of a mid-tower; it was just jam packed full of features, and looked great sitting on the desk. As long as things have not changed for the worse in any way, I really don't see how anyone could go wrong with this, first of its kind, AIO and chassis combination.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit