FSP gives you a cable of every kind, but only one of each. This is often a good thing as it helps reduce cable clutter. Dual PCI-E cables provide enough power for a pair of video cards, while eight SATA, five Molex, and one FDD connector take care of all of the peripherals.
Rail distribution is split up very well, but once again, it is impossible to know how it is done unless you split open the PSU. This isn't a problem for us as we do it to every single unit we get. It does pose a problem for consumers though as doing so voids the warranty on the unit. At least things are split up rather logically.
12V1 takes care of all of the peripherals as well as the 24-pin motherboard connector. 12V2 takes care of the remainder needed for the motherboard by handling the natively wired ATX 4+4 pin cable. 12V3 and 12V4 handle all power to the video cards with the former feeding the natively wired and the latter taking care of the modular one.
A Look Inside
FSP wasn't kidding when they said they shrunk things down. They've reduced component count significantly and as such reduced heat output. Two small heat sinks are all that is required to remove excess heat. It appears that FSP could have even gone smaller with the enclosure if they had wanted to use a smaller fan.
A single Panasonic capacitor resides on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with Chemi-Con caps.
Protechnic has been chosen by FSP to actively cool the Aurum CM Gold 650M with the use of their MGA12012HF-A25 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!
- The Gardens Between Bends Time on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam Sept. 20