FSP gives you a cable of every kind, but only one of each. This is often a good thing as it helps reduce cable clutter. Dual PCI-E cables provide enough power for a pair of video cards, while eight SATA, five Molex, and one FDD connector take care of all of the peripherals.
Rail distribution is split up very well, but once again, it is impossible to know how it is done unless you split open the PSU. This isn't a problem for us as we do it to every single unit we get. It does pose a problem for consumers though as doing so voids the warranty on the unit. At least things are split up rather logically.
12V1 takes care of all of the peripherals as well as the 24-pin motherboard connector. 12V2 takes care of the remainder needed for the motherboard by handling the natively wired ATX 4+4 pin cable. 12V3 and 12V4 handle all power to the video cards with the former feeding the natively wired and the latter taking care of the modular one.
A Look Inside
FSP wasn't kidding when they said they shrunk things down. They've reduced component count significantly and as such reduced heat output. Two small heat sinks are all that is required to remove excess heat. It appears that FSP could have even gone smaller with the enclosure if they had wanted to use a smaller fan.
A single Panasonic capacitor resides on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with Chemi-Con caps.
Protechnic has been chosen by FSP to actively cool the Aurum CM Gold 650M with the use of their MGA12012HF-A25 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit