A few months ago, we looked at the Fractal Design Newton R3 800W unit, and while we were rather pleased with what the unit had to offer, it just didn't stand out from what was already on the market. Fractal Design has always proven to give us quality products that stood out, so we were surprised that we didn't see this from the 800W model.
We decided that it would be a good idea if we took a look at their 1000W model as well, and that is just what we are doing today. The 1000W model doesn't differ too much from the 800W power supply, other than additional power, but we do hope that the price makes it a much more attractive offering.
The unit that we are taking a look at today is the standard black model but Fractal Design does offer it in a white version that is just absolutely beautiful, so keep that in mind if you're looking for a white unit.
Let's just stop talking about it and start seeing what it offers.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W power supply features a single 12V rail rated for 80A or 960W. This is the only difference you'll find between the Newton R3 800W and 1000W models in terms of power output. The Newton R3 1000W still features 20A 3.3V and 5V rails rated for a maximum combined output of 100W and a 5VSB rail rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. 1000W power supplies typically see a bump on all three of these rails too, but not for this one. Maximum combined output for the Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W power supply is 1000W.
The Newton R3 series of power supplies are relatively feature rich. They offer SCO, OVP, OCP and OPP, but lack OTP. The Newton R3 1000W features both native and modular cabling. All cables are either fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon variety. The Newton R3 1000W is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C and is certified for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency.
Fractal Design's Newton R3 1000W has an MSRP of $209. The unit is still relatively new to the market and you won't find it for much cheaper than the MSRP. Newegg currently comes in at the MSRP, and while some may have it cheaper, shipping kills the price back to the MSRP. This makes the unit one of the cheapest 1000W Platinum rated power supplies on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Official government emails linked to exposed hentai porn site data
- Samsung's new 27-inch curved 240Hz gaming monitor now out for $400
- Rockstar mystery game Bonaire banned in Australia, probably Bully 2
- Samsung Space Gaming Monitor clamps to your desk, drops monitor stand
- Need for Speed Heat gameplay trailer teased, mobile app announced
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020