Today, we will look at the second part of our SanDisk Connect reviews. This time we have the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive in the 64GB capacity.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive is slim ultra-portable storage solution targeted at smartphone and tablet users that enjoy the ability to store, share and stream content on the go. In addition to the SD card slot, the SanDisk Wireless Media Drive comes with either 32GB or 64GB of embedded memory, and similar to the Wireless Flash Drive, the Media Drive creates its own wireless network with a range up to 150 feet. SanDisk warranties the Wireless Media Drive for a period of one year.
Included in the package, the SanDisk Media Drive comes with a USB cable and AC wall adapter for charging.
The front of the Media Drive houses the power button to the right with a set of three LEDs to indicate activity.
The right side of the Media Drive houses the SD card slot.
The back of the drive houses the mini USB plug for charging the device.
Installation of the application on our Android tablet was straight forward. Upon connecting and launching the application, we were greeted with this splash screen.
Upon launching the application we were warned our Media Drive battery life was diminishing, a useful feature on the go.
The settings menu of the Media Drive app allows you to setup and change the admin password along with internet setup and firmware upgrading.
Here we have the ability to select multiple files and upload to the Media Drive.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive is formatted in the exFAT file system, with 57.7GB of useable capacity.
Upon receiving our review sample of the Wireless Media Drive, we first had to charge it, a process that took about 2.5 hours with the included AC adapter. Taking the device down to the 10 percent seen in this review took about seven hours. The SanDisk Wireless Media Drive does deliver similar functionality when compared to its sibling product such as the Wireless Flash Drive, with the added benefit of embedded memory and the additional ability to augment the memory size by adding a SD card.
The Android application we used on our tablet worked quite well, but it was puzzling to see two separate apps used within one product family. However, streaming video was no issue and the device was able to maintain the signal, even when I moved outdoors.
Pricing of the SanDisk Wireless Media Drive in the 64GB capacity is set at $99.99 and $79.99 for the 32GB capacity. Interestingly enough, this puts the SanDisk Media Drive is perfect position, with similar products such as the Kingston MobileLite coming in at $69.99 as an empty device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit