We've already mentioned a few times over the recent weeks, but our lab here in Taipei is really being dominated by a few key products at the moment. One of them is Z87 related items which mainly consists of RAM kits and motherboards. The other area that is extremely busy is the video card side of things.
It's very one sided, though, with NVIDIA cards really being the only ones popping up lately. This is of course due to the fact that NVIDIA over the past month has chosen to grace us with a new series in the form of GTX 700.
had hit us, it seems that NVIDIA had one more model in them with the GTX 760 and while they say this is the last one we'll see for a while now, we wouldn't put it past NVIDIA to have something up their sleeve in the event they need it.
While the GTX 760 is the latest model, we've actually got partner designs of all the new NVIDIA models so we'll be of course working our way through them in the coming weeks. Today we're going to be looking at a GTX 770 2GB which comes from Palit. This particular model falls under the JetStream name that we saw Palit launch last year. With big coolers and big out of the box overclocks, it looked to be a good series for the company.
Today we'll be taking the time to see just what the model can do once we push the clock speeds up even higher. As always there's a few things we've got to do before we look at the overclocking side of things. Let's see what's going on with the package first.
Taking a look at the front and the back of the box you can see the standard JetStream design that we've seen from other models that Palit offered under this name. The front has the brand, series and name along with a couple of the main features and the amount of RAM. The back then goes into a little bit more detail on some of the NVIDIA specific features that are on offer from the GTX 700 series model.
If we open up the box we then get more information on what exactly we're dealing with when it comes to the video card itself. Of course the big highlight for the model here is the JetStream cooler and you can see the main features in regards to the triple fan setup and massive heatsink are covered here. Other features include DrMOS and 8-Phase PWM power. We also have some information on ThunderMaster, the overclocking utility by Palit. The other side of the box gives us our first look at the card.
When it comes to the bundle, Palit like most companies these days, don't offer much in the way of video card bundles. We've got a manual and driver CD along with a dual 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connector, DVI to VGA and HDMI to DVI connector and a JetStream case sticker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- Halo: Master Chief Collection has UNCAPPED frame rate on PC
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today