Earlier in the week we saw NVIDIA expand the new GTX 700 series that launched just a few months ago. The latest addition to the series is a $249 mid-range video card named the GTX 760 and from what we've seen from it already, we're impressed with what NVIDIA has done - especially when you consider the price point.
Out of the box we found ourselves fairly impressed with the reference card at stock and even happier with what the model did when we overclocked it. We must admit, though, we did think the model ran a little warm sitting at 83c at load. Because of that we found ourselves really looking forward to seeing what companies would do with retail model with aftermarket cooling solutions.
Like the other GTX 700 series models that launched, we're seeing companies straight away from day one offer us non-reference cooled ones, and while we're sitting on a couple at the moment, the first one we'll be taking the time to check out comes from MSI. Falling under the new Gaming Series, we're excited to see just what MSI has done with the new model which also carries the Twin Frozr name, one that has always been one of our favorite coolers.
While an OC model out of the box, we've today decided to kick it up a notch and overclock the model even higher to see just what we're able to get out of it and see what kind of extra overclock we're able to get over the reference cooled model.
Checking out the front of the box you can see the new "Gaming Series" design. While this is the first time we've seen the new Gaming Series on a video card, it's not the first time we've seen it, as we saw it on the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Series motherboard back in May. Taking a look at the front of the box, you can see we've got a very simple and clean design, which we love. You've got the Gaming series logo alongside the MSI one and the model name. You can also see in the bottom left corner it's an OC Edition.
If we take a look at the back of the box, you can see we've got a run down on some of the main features that are offered including the Advanced Thermal Design via the Twin Frozr IV cooler and the higher quality components via the Military Class 4 classification.
Moving inside the package you can see we've got a fairly standard bundle with the quick user guide on the left, along with the main driver CD. As far as cables go, you can see we've got a dual-Molex to PCIe, 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe and a DVI to VGA connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series