Welcome back to our continuing coverage of the 2013 Seagate SSD launch event here at TweakTown. We have two more products to cover today. The first is largest mainstream capacity drives, the 600 SSD 480GB. After this, we'll take an enthusiast look at the new 600 Pro 400GB.
480GB capacity size SSD's are perfect for mobile users. Notebooks rarely offer two or more drive trays so mobile users need to pack all their data in one drive. For years, Team Flash had to put up with Team Spinner bragging about a capacity advantage, but with 7mm and new 5mm designs, multiple platters in the mechanical products aren't possible. With SSD's breaking the 1TB marker now, the tables are turning, and quickly at that.
There is still a price difference between 1TB of flash-based storage and 1GB of mechanical storage. At the time of writing we don't know where the Seagate 600 SSD price will fall, but we can guarantee it will cost more than a 1TB 2.5" HDD.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD 480GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]