The cable arrangement for the V1000 is somewhat basic, but should be more than enough for 95% of users. There are a total of eight PCI-E connectors over four cables. While it may not be able to power four top-end video cards, it is nice to have the option there for those utilizing mid-range cards.
The nine SATA and four Molex connectors should take care of all your peripherals, and the dual ATX 4+4 pin connectors will take care of those in need of additional power directly to the motherboard.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Recently we've seen a lot of shrinkage of the components inside power supplies. One of the effects of this is a reduction in heat. The V1000 follows along these trends and as such we see several smaller heat sinks instead of massive ones that prevent fresh air from flowing deep down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Nippon caps.
The Cooler Master DFS132512H fan provides all the active cooling for the V1000 power supply. One of the interesting things about this unit is that the fan is nearly silent until around 70% load, operating between 800 RPM and 1600 RPM depending on the temperature of the unit. This makes the V1000 ideal for those seeking a quiet power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series