The cable arrangement for the V1000 is somewhat basic, but should be more than enough for 95% of users. There are a total of eight PCI-E connectors over four cables. While it may not be able to power four top-end video cards, it is nice to have the option there for those utilizing mid-range cards.
The nine SATA and four Molex connectors should take care of all your peripherals, and the dual ATX 4+4 pin connectors will take care of those in need of additional power directly to the motherboard.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Recently we've seen a lot of shrinkage of the components inside power supplies. One of the effects of this is a reduction in heat. The V1000 follows along these trends and as such we see several smaller heat sinks instead of massive ones that prevent fresh air from flowing deep down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Nippon caps.
The Cooler Master DFS132512H fan provides all the active cooling for the V1000 power supply. One of the interesting things about this unit is that the fan is nearly silent until around 70% load, operating between 800 RPM and 1600 RPM depending on the temperature of the unit. This makes the V1000 ideal for those seeking a quiet power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One