Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The Acer Aspire S7-191 is quite thin, meaning it has very little room for cooling fans or heat sinks. We'd expect the system to run a bit on the hot side simply because it has very little ability to remove heat from the small chassis.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 106 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located above the keyboard and somewhere you are unlikely to touch during normal use. The keyboard stayed below 90 degrees and the palm rests stayed a cool 83 degrees.
Moving around to the back side, temperatures were slightly better. The maximum observed temperature was 98 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the system ranged from 83 degrees to 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures shouldn't prove to be too troublesome for users who like to set their laptops on their lap occasionally.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 77 degrees Celsius, which is the same as the CPU because they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 77 degrees Celsius, a temperature that is quite a bit better than I was expecting going into this test. It's well within the limits of the CPU / GPU and should cause no long-term damage to the system.
The Acer Aspire S7-191 produced a sound level of 50 decibels in our measurement. Due to its small size, the fans had to work extra hard to move enough air to keep the system cool.
Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card