AMD's Radeon HD 7990 name has been thrown around for a while now. Rumor had it that the video card we're looking at today was going to show up sometime last year. Of course that didn't happen, and we saw some partners take matters into their own hands by releasing dual GPU cards that sported two HD 7970 GPUs. Primarily the two we're talking about are the HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB IceQ X2 and PowerColor DEVIL13 Radeon HD 7990 6GB, with the latter card also being looked at overclocked.
With a $999 price tag, AMD are joining the $1,000 club that NVIDIA have been sitting in for a while with the GeForce GTX TITAN; a truly beast of a single GPU card. Out of the box the EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB SuperClocked impressed us immensely. If that wasn't enough performance for you overclocking brought with it even more performance, thanks to a strong core clock speed increase. If $1,000 wasn't enough then throwing a second card into the mix and discovering the awesomeness that a $2,000 video card setup brings in the form of SLI is truly amazing. We'll have that article online soon.
Today though we get the chance to finally see what AMD does with a $1,000 video card. Of course being a reference card means that we don't have any form of package, instead we'll just get straight into the card to see what's going on with the new model. Once we've done that we'll move onto the specification side of things and find the main details.
We'll then take a quick moment to look at our testbed before we cover the cards that you'll see in our graphs today before finally checking out the performance of the new dual GPU model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]