Days, weeks and months go by and we continue to hear nothing but rumors of the AMD Radeon HD 7990. It's a dual GPU based HD 7900 series video card to compete with the NVIDIA based GEFORCE GTX 690. It's a model that we're still yet to test since NVIDIA don't want to send us one, and with partners doing nothing with the model, they've really got no reason to promote it for the most part, as if they promote their reference card, they're promoting almost every companies card.
With NVIDIA running away with the title of the fastest video card on the market and AMD continuing to do nothing about it, it seemed that PowerColor decided to take matters into their own hands releasing the HD 7990 under the Devil 13 tag. This isn't the first time we've seen the Devil 13 tag as last year saw the PowerColor DEVIL13 HD 6970 which managed to really impress us.
This time, though, the DEVIL13 card we're looking at is a lot more than just a supped up versions of AMD's fastest single GPU offering. It's the dual GPU HD 7990 that we've been waiting for. So taking matters into their own hands, what are PowerColor able to do with this card?
Well, before we find out what's going on with the performance side of things, we've got a few things that we need to look at which starts with the box and the package that PowerColor has put together. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself and take a closer look at the specification side of things, before finally getting into the performance.
Looking at the box you can actually see PowerColor haven't done a lot to it with just some fairly simple branding - saying that though, it does look stunning. There's something to be said about an understated box. Apart from what you see here there's not a whole lot more to the overall box, so let's move inside and see what's going on with the package PowerColor has put together here.
Moving inside the package you don't see anything too out of the ordinary when we look at what PowerColor is offering us. Starting at the top left we've got a driver CD and manual followed by three 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connectors. Below that we've got a Mini DP to DVI cable along with a Mini DP to DP cable. Finally we finish off with a DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire bridge.
Finally we finish off the bundle with this awesome screwdriver kit that PowerColor is offering us. The quality is awesome and it's one of those extras that come in really handy. It's a really nice improvement over the original screwdriver set we saw in the DEVIL13 HD 6970 from last year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced