Days, weeks and months go by and we continue to hear nothing but rumors of the AMD Radeon HD 7990. It's a dual GPU based HD 7900 series video card to compete with the NVIDIA based GEFORCE GTX 690. It's a model that we're still yet to test since NVIDIA don't want to send us one, and with partners doing nothing with the model, they've really got no reason to promote it for the most part, as if they promote their reference card, they're promoting almost every companies card.
With NVIDIA running away with the title of the fastest video card on the market and AMD continuing to do nothing about it, it seemed that PowerColor decided to take matters into their own hands releasing the HD 7990 under the Devil 13 tag. This isn't the first time we've seen the Devil 13 tag as last year saw the PowerColor DEVIL13 HD 6970 which managed to really impress us.
This time, though, the DEVIL13 card we're looking at is a lot more than just a supped up versions of AMD's fastest single GPU offering. It's the dual GPU HD 7990 that we've been waiting for. So taking matters into their own hands, what are PowerColor able to do with this card?
Well, before we find out what's going on with the performance side of things, we've got a few things that we need to look at which starts with the box and the package that PowerColor has put together. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself and take a closer look at the specification side of things, before finally getting into the performance.
Looking at the box you can actually see PowerColor haven't done a lot to it with just some fairly simple branding - saying that though, it does look stunning. There's something to be said about an understated box. Apart from what you see here there's not a whole lot more to the overall box, so let's move inside and see what's going on with the package PowerColor has put together here.
Moving inside the package you don't see anything too out of the ordinary when we look at what PowerColor is offering us. Starting at the top left we've got a driver CD and manual followed by three 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connectors. Below that we've got a Mini DP to DVI cable along with a Mini DP to DP cable. Finally we finish off with a DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire bridge.
Finally we finish off the bundle with this awesome screwdriver kit that PowerColor is offering us. The quality is awesome and it's one of those extras that come in really handy. It's a really nice improvement over the original screwdriver set we saw in the DEVIL13 HD 6970 from last year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS5 controller may have touchscreen
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch