Installation and Finished Product
The first thing I did to get the installation underway was to add the fans to the radiator. Typically these would be installed through a chassis as well, but since I use an open air system to test with, the fan mounting is irrelevant to the side of the radiator or which way they are facing.
With the fans on, you now get to see the Hydro Series H110 in all its glory ready to be installed to the system so we can test it.
Then I went ahead and got the back plate ready by installing the metal inserts in the proper holes and applying the foam that will help keep the plate off the motherboard, but also acts to hold it to the board to make installation a touch easier, especially if done in a chassis.
There we have the back plate now added to the back of the motherboard. Yes, I know the plate is a bit crooked, but with the holes provided for the multiple sockets, they have to do this to make it all work.
Taking the top bracket, adding in the two piece clips with the LGA1155/1156 pointing out, I then slid in the thumbscrew. Repeat this on all four corners and you are almost ready to install the head unit.
The last step to installing the hardware to the cooler is to put the top metal ring with the screws onto the head unit, and lock the tabs into the slots. Once that is complete, you just have to snap in the plastic lock ring to keep the hardware in place as you mount this.
One thing the H110 lacks from the hardware kit is the Y-splitter to make powering the fans on the H110 much easier. This is a very cheap part to add to a kit, and I cannot understand why Corsair wouldn't include on at this price point.
With the H110 installed on the motherboard, there are zero clearance issues around the socket. With the length of tubing supplied, there will be no issues getting the H110 installed in the top of a chassis that provides dual 140mm mounting there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Hydro Series H110 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner