Last week we told you about the Zalman F1 120GB SSD and today we have the larger 240GB model. The F1 Series isn't Zalman's first go at an SSD. Two years ago, we tested the N Series and when it was released Zalman also launched the S Series. The F1 is Zalman's first SATA III drive, based on the LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller; this is one of the fastest drives on the market today, but an honor that is shared with many other Team SandForce members.
When we picked up our F1 samples at Computex Taipei we were right in the middle of the 501/502 firmware issue. After getting back to the lab I thought I checked the firmware, but I missed the true firmware on the shipping drives. Last night I dreamed that I bought a Ferrari and the first thing I did when I woke up was check the garage. Somewhere along the line I missed that Zalman used firmware 3.3.2, one of the best releases by SandForce to date. 3.3.2 also has working TRIM which is always nice to have!
Unlike the N and S Series SSDs from Zalman, the F Series isn't officially available in the USA. This isn't an issue for half of our readers because TweakTown is a global site with visitors from all over the globe. When looking around I found the Zalman F1 240GB drive available globally, even in the US where a few enterprising sellers have imported F1 drives and have them listed on EBay. Aside from the EBay sellers, the F1 is priced competitively with other SSDs from the same sellers.
Let's take a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz