The Build and Finished Product
Something is amiss dimensionally in the ODD bays. This has to be the toughest time I had not only trying to slide the drive in the metal frame, but I also found the tool-less latches used screws that were too long as well. I eventually got the drive in and to be honest the front of the Shinobi XL looks really good.
I had absolutely no issues inside of the chassis with my time in the XL. Since I use an SSD, I removed the FlexCage and mounted my SSD to the floor of the ODD bays. This case is really large and this ATX build with the HIS Radeon HD 7950 are made to look tiny inside of the Shinobi XL.
The back of the chassis also offered no issues with the rear I/O plate, the mounting of the card or even the PSU, everything went smooth as silk.
I dug into my stash of zip-ties and went to town with the wire management behind the motherboard tray as I said I was going to. With all the room and what seem like limitless tie points, I had a great experience making it as clean as possible - BitFenix makes it so easy.
For those wondering what sort of view the window offers once the build is completed; here you have it. The window is as large as it can be without making you look at the drive bays and I like that it isn't a basic square, the little touches are what add up in the end.
This is last look at the completed BitFenix Shinobi XL before I add power and put it through the paces.
Once power is added there is hardly any noise audible from the range of taking this image, I had to be within six inches of the case to hear anything and I am pretty sure it is the 120mm fan since I could only hear noise from the back of the Shinobi XL. As for the lighting, well there is only the HDD activity and the power LED that illuminate with bright blue LEDs at the top of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA