The Build and Finished Product
Something is amiss dimensionally in the ODD bays. This has to be the toughest time I had not only trying to slide the drive in the metal frame, but I also found the tool-less latches used screws that were too long as well. I eventually got the drive in and to be honest the front of the Shinobi XL looks really good.
I had absolutely no issues inside of the chassis with my time in the XL. Since I use an SSD, I removed the FlexCage and mounted my SSD to the floor of the ODD bays. This case is really large and this ATX build with the HIS Radeon HD 7950 are made to look tiny inside of the Shinobi XL.
The back of the chassis also offered no issues with the rear I/O plate, the mounting of the card or even the PSU, everything went smooth as silk.
I dug into my stash of zip-ties and went to town with the wire management behind the motherboard tray as I said I was going to. With all the room and what seem like limitless tie points, I had a great experience making it as clean as possible - BitFenix makes it so easy.
For those wondering what sort of view the window offers once the build is completed; here you have it. The window is as large as it can be without making you look at the drive bays and I like that it isn't a basic square, the little touches are what add up in the end.
This is last look at the completed BitFenix Shinobi XL before I add power and put it through the paces.
Once power is added there is hardly any noise audible from the range of taking this image, I had to be within six inches of the case to hear anything and I am pretty sure it is the 120mm fan since I could only hear noise from the back of the Shinobi XL. As for the lighting, well there is only the HDD activity and the power LED that illuminate with bright blue LEDs at the top of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit