2GB of GDDR5 always seemed like a weird amount of memory to have on the latest NVIDIA video card, the GTX 680. It's not that 2GB isn't a lot, it's just that we're at the point where we feel when spending in excess of $500, we'd have a video card that carried a minimum of 3GB.
The second we knew the card came in 2GB flavor, though, we knew that it wouldn't take long for someone to come out and offer us a variant with 4GB. Just like they were the first to offer us a custom designed version, today they're the first to offer us a 4GB version. Of course we're talking about Palit.
The other week we looked at the Palit Jetstream GTX 680 2GB in not only single card form, but also in SLI. Impressed with what was on offer from the card we were excited to see what doubling the memory to 4GB would do.
As usual before we get into the performance side of things there's a few things that we need to do with the first of course being check out the package that Palit have put together. Once we've done that we'll take a closer look at the card itself before moving into the specification side of things. Finally before we get in to the benchmark side of things we'll see what's going on with our testbed today and the cards we'll be using in our graphs.
Looking at the box you can see it's near identical to that of the 2GB version. The only difference that we can see is that we've got mention that the card comes with 4096MB (4GB) of GDDR5 memory on the front of the box instead of the standard 2GB.
Inside the box we've also got a really good description of the cooler and some of the main features that the card offers. Hopefully we're not dealing with just some marketing talk and instead get to see a product that really stands out here.
As for the bundle itself there's not heaps going on with a manual, driver CD, DVI to VGA connector, HDMI to DVI connector and dual 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connector. Palit have never been big on bundles and we're actually seeing more and more companies choose to shrink them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit