Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going down the list, it says that the NZXT Switch 810 is a mainly steel chassis that uses ABS plastic for the shape and design of the exterior as well as a couple of tool-free mechanisms on the inside. Dimensionally, let me make this simple, the case it tall! Inside of these dimensions the chassis can hold cards up to 285mm minimum, as the case is shipped. Since the hard drives are removable and the largest spec is at 375mm with them still in the chassis, you can add a few inches onto that dimension if you remove them.
One thing the chart doesn't mention is the set of dust filters found in the Switch 810. There is a pair in the front on the fan bays behind a removable panel and yet another one under the chassis that removes from the front. Then there is also one under the PSU and removes out the back keeping all of the holes well filtered that will be attracting dust.
Inside the chassis you will find four 140mm fans have been included in various locations like one in the front, one in the top, one in the rear and one to blow on your GPU's that is strapped to the hard drive rack and they are all 140mm in size. Each fan hole will allow for either a 120mm or 140mm fan in all ten locations. Part of that Hybrid Full Tower thing allows the chassis to fully accept radiators on the inside. You can hang a triple radiator in the roof, a dual on the floor and you can hang a single radiator on the back of the chassis as well. For the equipment you want to install, the motherboard tray accepts a variety of form factors from Mini-ITX on up to E-ATX or XL-ATX boards. The drive bays offer room for four 5.25" devices with a cool little HDD tray in the bottom one with a back plane. Under those you will have room for six 3.5" drives in the slide out trays. Each of the trays also has holes to mount a 2.5" drive as well.
Had I written this prior to CES I would have had to tell you that you had to wait a week or two for the case to arrive at e-tailers near you. Well, that isn't the case and this Switch 810 has indeed made it to market now. I mentioned before that the goal was to deliver all of this without making you have to break the old piggy bank or rob the couch of change to make it happen. Alas the only place right at this moment you can locate this chassis is directly from NZXT for $169.99 and we should expect them to hit Newegg and others soon. Not that that price is going to get any better, but hey some of us are still loyal to our favorite e-tailers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit