Earlier this month we took a look at the new 1000W ProSeries power supply from XFX. The new unit sported lots of power, Platinum efficiency and a ton of connectors, but it came at a hefty price. XFX also added a few more power supplies to their lineup and today we are going to be taking a look at the highest wattage unit that they offer.
This is the 1250W ProSeries power supply. It doesn't offer Platinum efficiency, but it offers the same set of features and an extra set of PCI-E connectors with very little additional cost and a mild drop in efficiency. Keep reading on to find out how well the ProSeries 1250W performs and if it is worth your hard earned money.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
XFX kept the single 12V rail on the ProSeries 1250W power supply and upped the amperage to 104A of power. That is quite a lot of power to be pushing through a single rail, but it has been many times without issue. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined max output of 150W. We feel this is a tad on the low side for a 1250W power supply. It would be nicer to see the minor rails rated for about 30A each with a combined total output of 175W or more.
XFX's ProSeries 1250W power supply has nearly a full set of features and almost gets a green check across the board. All of the protections are there, including the Over Temperature Protection. The unit has an 80Plus Gold certification but isn't rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. This should be a must in a power supply of this caliber as it is almost certainly going to be put under extreme loads for extended periods of time. All of the cables are modular and fully sleeved on the unit.
We were able to find the new ProSeries 1250W power supply readily available at a very wide variety of places and the power supply has an MSRP of $269.99. We couldn't find anyone that could beat Newegg's price on the unit, coming in at $269.99 with free shipping. XFX backs the ProSeries 1250W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit