Accessories, Documentation, and Fit
The hardware comes packaged in assembly packets clearly marked with what they contain. In this image you see the bag for the socket LGA 2011 mounting legs that screw into the board socket. On the right is the LGA775 through LGA1366 mounting kit. This hardware includes an isolated back plate, four hex head screws to run through the board, four plastic spacers and four thumbscrews. The last thing contained in this bag is the pair of mounting braces that accept the cross bar that mounts to the cooler base.
The AMD kit on the left needs the stock AMD back plate to allow for AMD mounting. This kit comes with a pair of braces for AMD socket mounting, four screws, four white plastic spacers, and you use the thumbscrews from the Intel kit to secure it. The accessory bag on the right contains all sorts of goodies. There is six rubber strips to isolate the fans, twelve fan hole adapters that work with the six wire fan mounting clips. There is a tube of thermal compound, a 3-pin "Y" splitter, and a noise limiting adapter with inline resistor. You also get a block of 3M foam, fan screws for the case, and the cross bar for mounting the base of the cooler to either kit.
Inside the box along with some other paperwork you find the stand alone LGA2011 instruction sheet. As you can see, with six easy steps you are a compound application away from mounting the cooler to the motherboard.
For the other Intel sockets and AMD sockets on the reverse, Phanteks ships two instruction sheets. One is in English and the other is multi-lingual, but both take you through every step and make installation a breeze if followed.
The pair of 140mm fan included, in my instance, is constructed of nine blue fan blades supported with an updraft floating bearing and held in place with the round white frame with only three supports to disrupt the outgoing air flow. Both fans are powered with a 3-pin connector and with the adapter can be both powered from one header.
As I mentioned, they also sent a third fan in the retail packaging. The PH-F140 Premium fan comes in a packaging very similar to that of the cooler, so they should be very easy to recognize at a glance.
On the back there is a full display of all the specifications for the fan inside the box. Again you don't have to buy the blue ones. All the fans come with white frames, but the blade color can be orange, red, or white as well.
Along with the fan you get quite the assortment of hardware here too. There are regular fan screws and rubber fan pull tabs for mounting options inside of a chassis. There is also a noise reducing adapter along with a 4-pin Molex to 3-pin fan adapter. The most ingenious part included is the metal bracket that works with the screws of the expansion cards and allows this fan to be mounted on the side of your cards to blow on them directly, room allowing in the case of course.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD