The 10-Bay NAS market is nearly nonexistent, especially when you move away from really high end Rack Mount solutions. Priced at $2.599.99 US, though, it doesn't come as too much of a surprise as there's a huge cost associated with them. When you consider that the price doesn't include any hard drives, to get up and running can be very expensive.
The performance on the TS-1079 Pro is great and you can see in many situations it has no issue flooding our Gigabit network port. Of course, when we start to move up to 10 drive RAID setups we expect to see some strong performance and the fastest is of course the RAID 0 build, while the slowest as you would expect is the JBOD one.
The JBOD setup, though, you can see still offers us some fantastic performance and while it doesn't quite max out our Gigabit setup, you can see it does a good job of flooding our switch.
Outside of the performance, though, where the TS-1079 Pro shines is in the ridiculously huge feature set that's offered by it. The hardware side is extremely strong as they've made the move to the Sandy Bridge platform, but software feature list is just huge and if you go through it and start to break it down, you can see that the TS-1079 Pro does a good job of catering to so many markets.
As someone who uses a TS-859 Pro+ myself, the power of the QPKG system opens up so many options and gives it the ability to really replace that typical server that you have for all your downloading needs and general storage options.
On top of that, you've got the File, Print, FTP and Backup Server options. From there we move into a large list of benefits that start to help that more corporate environment, though, with a huge list of RAID options available, Domain Authentication, Access Right Management and Power Management to name just a few.
If you're looking for a little NAS to store some data on, the TS 1079 Pro isn't going to be that NAS because of the price associated with it. While expensive, though, for people who want to have a single NAS that supports 10 Drives, it's an amazing purchase. If you're on office wanting something that is powerful and doesn't require that rack mount equipment, this is also another really great option.
The other kind of group that will buy something like this are those who want to get rid of that "typical" server. That person has to be happy to fork out the associated money that goes with a NAS providing over 6 Bays, but if you're after something that's smaller than that typical server and can do so much while drawing less power, the TS-1079 Pro is just an absolute beast of a machine.
Outside of just the performance, though, as we've mentioned before, the flexibility that the QPKG system brings to the table is amazing. If you're after a 10 Bay NAS and happy to pay the associated costs, this is just a fantastic unit from QNAP that enjoys the benefits offered from the QNAP software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick & Morty season 4 episode premier at Adult Swim Festival
- Zelda Link's Awakening new cameo Ocarina of Time footage
- Popular gaming YouTuber Etika found dead in Manhattan River
- One-Punch Man beats down foes in upcoming console/PC game
- Terraria for Nintendo Switch releases on June 27th
- FS (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 2019 (Website www.esellibuy.com) $6,995CAD
- Buy (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 13-inch (2019) New 2.4GHz 8th i5 Touch Bar $6,995CAD
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to Acquire Canadair Regional Jet Program from Bombardier Inc.
- LG To Expand Partnership With QT On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos
- Next-Gen Battle Royale Ring of Elysium Officially Launches on Steam
- Versus Evil Steam Summer Sale
- TRENDnet Adds ERPS to Industrial Managed Network Switches