Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Mushkin is claiming a data transfer rate of 560MB/s read, one of the highest we've seen claimed to date and a write speed of 515MB/s. They are also listing 90,000 IOPS which is a very high claim as well. With SandForce's latest firmware rollout, these numbers are appropriate and for the most part accurate.
I think by now everyone is familiar with the SF-2000 Series client controllers from SandForce, but if you want a detailed account please have a look at our introduction article that goes over all the fine details.
There are two important factors to keep in mind about the Muskin Chronos Deluxe. The first has to do with the flash used; 3Xnm Toshiba Toggle Mode NAND. This flash has a much longer lifespan than the 25nm IMFT flash that resides in many of today's SandForce SF-2281 controlled products. We hear that Toshiba flash is starting to become rare these days and with Toshiba getting ready for their own 2Xnm flash rollout, 3Xnm flash is going to dry up at some point. In short, the window to get a performance SSD with the longest lasting flash is getting smaller every day.
The second thing you need to know about the Chronos Deluxe is the price. Today we're looking at the 120GB model that uses sixteen Toshiba flash modules and until this morning was listed at Mushkin's website with a price of around 260 USD. This price is in line with the other 120GB Toshiba Toggle Flash drives. The real value, though, was the 240GB Chronos Deluxe that uses eight large capacity Toggle Flash chips. The 240GB model, again listed on Mushkin's website until this morning, was priced considerably lower than any of the other Toshiba Toggle Mode flash drives on the market. Mushkin also offers a 60GB Chronos Deluxe.
Mushkin brings additional value to the Chronos Deluxe product line by including a desktop adapter bracket, screws for installing your drive in your notebook or desktop and offering a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz