Antec is certainly well known throughout the industry for their quality power supplies at an affordable price. The units that we've taken a look at in the past have proven to be no exception to this and we wanted to take a look at another unit from Antec to see what they had to offer for our readers. Antec kindly responded to our request and sent us over the HCG-620.
The HCG-620 doesn't feature the same bold looking enclosure that you find in the HCG-750 and HCG-900, but it does offer a lot of the same features. While the HCG-620 might not be packed with all of the latest and greatest protections and features, it does promise to bring some quality power to the table at a great price point.
Just how much quality does it bring to the table for its low price? That's what we are here to find out, so keep reading as we go through the HCG-620 from the start of the AC input to the end of the DC outputs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec's HCG-620 comes swinging out of the box with a single 48A rail capable of 576W. While it isn't capable of nearly 100% of the total output on the 12V rail, it is capable of well over 90%. The minor rails are rated for 24A of power each with a combined total output of 130W. This should be more than ample for any computer that wouldn't overload the power supply.
Antec's HCG line-up lacks both the over temperature protection and is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, and the HCG-620 is no exception. The HCG-620 doesn't have any modular cables either. It does, however, have a majority of the protections you look for including OCP and SCP. All of the cables are fully sleeved.
Trying to find an Antec power supply is never a problem as the company has excellent market penetration and the HCG-620 is no exception. While the HCG-620 retails for $79.99, a quick search will yield Amazon as the cheapest place to buy the power supply at the time of writing. Amazon offers it for $69.99 with free shipping. Antec backs the unit with a 3-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard