Following the success of the HCP series of power supplies, Antec is releasing the new High Current Gamer series. The HCG PSU's are available in 420W, 520W, 620W, 750W, and 900W iterations. High Current Gamer series power supplies are not as feature rich as those of their HCP brethren, but still pack plenty of punch for those not in need of top of the line enthusiast features.
Antec asked us to take a look at the HCG-750 and we were more than happy to throw it on the bench to let you know what we thought of it. Keep reading to find out how Antec's latest faired and if it provides the quality that everyone expects from Antec.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec uses a quad 12V rail configuration for the HCG-750 that's capable of 40A of power on each one. The total output of the power supply is 750W so you can't even come close to maxing all 12V rails out simultaneously, but it should allow for uneven loading of the rails without issue. The HCG-750 also comes with hefty 5V and 3.3V rails that will deliver a total of 150W.
Antec gave us an estimated MSRP of $149.95 for the HCG-750. Taking a look at the features list, we see that Antec has dropped the modular cabling in favor of fixed cables and also doesn't give the HCG-750 a 50C rating either. Antec instead rates the HCG series at a modest 40C. The HCG-750 packs an 80Plus Bronze efficiency rating and Antec backs all of this up by a 5-year warranty.
After speaking with Antec directly, we were told that the release as of today is an imminent release. This means that while the product is not immediately available for purchase on shop shelves and online stores, they will show up for purchase very quickly. Final units are simply sitting on pallets waiting for orders to be made so that Antec can ship them out. Expect to see them in about a week!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 Ultra Limited Edition costs $8600
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam