The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
We've seen this design before. OWC is keeping their blue aluminum casing, one of the best looking on the market today. On the front we see the Designed and built in the USA information and the product name.
This whole time you might have been wondering how to tell the new Toshiba Toggle flash model apart from the first version with 24nm IMFT flash. The '-T' at the end of the model name, OWCSSDMX6G240-T signifies the new SF-2282 / Toshiba Toggle flash model.
On the side we found the traditional mounting points that allow the drive to screw into many notebook and 2.5" to 3.5" adapter brackets.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset and where they should be.
OWC is using a custom PCB and here we see the SF-2282 controller. We can also see half of the Toggle Mode flash on this side.
A majority of the surface mount components are on the other side of the PCB. I really wanted to follow the traces coming from the BGA-400 SF-2282 controller, but this is at least a four layer circuit board, so it was impossible without an x-ray machine. I'll have to add one of those to my 2012 budget and a few lead vests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit