The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
We've seen this design before. OWC is keeping their blue aluminum casing, one of the best looking on the market today. On the front we see the Designed and built in the USA information and the product name.
This whole time you might have been wondering how to tell the new Toshiba Toggle flash model apart from the first version with 24nm IMFT flash. The '-T' at the end of the model name, OWCSSDMX6G240-T signifies the new SF-2282 / Toshiba Toggle flash model.
On the side we found the traditional mounting points that allow the drive to screw into many notebook and 2.5" to 3.5" adapter brackets.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset and where they should be.
OWC is using a custom PCB and here we see the SF-2282 controller. We can also see half of the Toggle Mode flash on this side.
A majority of the surface mount components are on the other side of the PCB. I really wanted to follow the traces coming from the BGA-400 SF-2282 controller, but this is at least a four layer circuit board, so it was impossible without an x-ray machine. I'll have to add one of those to my 2012 budget and a few lead vests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]