The PhotoFast G-Monster V5 SSD Internals
Just scratching the surface, we can see that there is definitely something different about the G-Monster V5. Normally when we open up solid state drives we are presented with a single PCB that has all of the controllers, memory and cache drives laid out as once piece. The section where the external power and data connectors on the V5 is actually the RAID control area that PhotoFast sells by itself as the G-Monster Evolution.
After removing a couple of screws we were able to disassemble the entire unit and break it down into three pieces. Here we see the Evolution RAID controller that takes two standard SSDs and connects them to a single SATA data cable. Below the controller we see the two modified G-Monster V3 cards. The cards are identical but we have flipped one over to show the front and back side.
Now let's see how the drive performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and External View]
- Page 4 [The PhotoFast G-Monster V5 Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]