The use of the ASUS board and the matching Dominator RAM really makes for an attractive backdrop to the head unit in the large image on the front of the box. Using a large font, the H80 stands out and is easily seen which leads your eyes to the compatibility listing.
The right side displays six, very basic, specifications charts in various languages. You do get the most important bit of information, though, and that is the size of the radiator, to make sure this unit is going to fit in your chassis.
On the top Corsair takes a bit of time to explain a bit about the Link system. Just as a heads up, the fan control and monitoring is going to cost you $99.99, and if you want LED control potential, it will be $139 on top of the cost of the cooler you connect to it.
On the bottom there is talk of the Corsair Advantage and how a simple email or call is all it takes to get some help, and how Corsair has been delivering quality components to us for over 15 years now whereby this is of similar caliber. You also get a list of the contents inside the box.
On the back of the box, Corsair again mentions the Link, brings up the white LEDs behind the easy to use fan control and the fact that this unit ships with two fans. There is a comparison chart of the H100, H80, H60 and a failing stock cooler for temperature reference, and the large area below repeats this information for non-English speaking users.
Inside the attractive outer packaging, the Hydro Series cooler comes in a recycled cardboard container that has separate compartments to keep the unit safe in transit. There is a thin layer of dense foam to keep all of the goods from moving inside the compartments and makes for a good place to display the literature as you open the box.
Inside all of the compartments, the fans, hardware and H80 are also packed in plastic. The head unit and radiator are in one large bag, the fans are in separate bags and the Intel back plate and AMD mounting legs come in the foam envelope seen at the bottom right corner.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!