Over the last few months we've seen MSI do some wonderful things to the GTX 580, releasing the model into its Lightning series and then during Computex re-releasing the GTX 580 in 3GB form also under the Lightning series; but in this case it was the Lightning Xtreme Edition. Someone else has done something with the GTX 580, but I can't really remember who; it's probably got something to do with the fact we haven't seen it.
Anyway, the latest company to go all out with the model is ASUS with it getting the ROG MATRIX treatment. Imagine a facial with an electric sander to make everything smooth. It's big, it's fat, it's got lots of extra buttons and it looks powerful. Today we intend to find out if it performs as good as it looks, because oh does it looks good.
We'll start off today by looking at the package ASUS has put together. Once that's done we'll take a close look at the card and see some of the features it offers us when compared to other GTX 580s. We'll then get into the specifications side of things and cover overclocking, as we'll be testing the card overclocked today.
Once we've done all that, we'll take a quick look at our testbed before we then get stuck into the performance side of things to see just what kind of power this GTX 580 is able to offer us. Before we get into the fun stuff, let us first check out this chunky looking package that resembles a ROG motherboard box more than a video card.
There's an absolute heap of information when it comes to the box due to ASUS choosing to follow that typical ROG setup, which sees the box open up to show us all the little extras that the card offers. We can also see the card, but because of the anti-static bag it's in, you don't get the best look.
Moving inside the package isn't as big as I thought it probably would be. With the box being so big, I probably expected to see a bit more inside. With that said, though, and everything pulled out, I'm not really sure what more we could get from them. Apart from some games we probably don't want or a huge sticker, we've really got everything we need to get up and running. This includes SpeedSetup Guide, Driver CD, two Dual-6-Pin to 8-Pin PCI-E connectors, DVI to VGA, large SLI bridge and a nice little ROG case badge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Specifications and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Battlegrounds' desert map shown off in 3 new screenshots
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ