Today we'll be comparing the ASUS M5A99X EVO against a number of other AMD boards we've looked at recently. Something worth remembering, though, is that the M5A99X EVO carries the 990X chipset instead of the 990FX chipset. For the most part this doesn't mean a whole lot for people who are using only one video card.
With that out of the way, let's have a look at how we went with overclocking. Using our Phenom II X6 1100T, we ended up pushing our FSB to 240MHz. As you can see below, this brings our final clock speed in just below 4GHz, coming in at 3.97GHz.
This overclock is a little weaker than what we've achieved with the other 990 boards we've looked at. Compared to the Crosshair V Formula, it's around 70MHz less, so not a huge amount. Considering the cooling isn't as hard core as the Crosshair board and overclocking options aren't as high, it's not a surprise that the maximum overclock we achieved is a little lower. It's not much at all, though, and of course we'll be comparing our overclock results to our stock ones today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series