Having already previewed three boards that use the Z68 chipset, we already have a good idea of what's going on with the new chipset launched by Intel today. If you haven't already looked at our previews, I'd recommend checking out the ASRock Z68 Pro3 and Extreme4 Preview along with the MSI Z68A-GD80 Preview to get a better idea of what exactly we're dealing with here today.
Also, because we went into so much detail on the motherboards in those previews, we won't be looking at the board or package here today, as everything is covered in extensive detail already. So because we've been able to have a look at this board and others in great detail already, we'll be able to instead get stuck straight into the fun stuff like the BIOS, Overclocking and of course, performance.
Just looking over the boards and the tech documentation that we've received, it seems fairly safe to assume that the Z68 isn't going to be something you'll upgrade to if you're a P67 owner. Instead, it's a slight step up with a couple of new features like Intel Smart Response Technology and fast video encoding via Lucid Virtru. At the same time, you'll probably start to see people pick this chipset over the P67 if the pricing of both is similar.
For now, though, that's all neither here nor there. Let's get into the BIOS and see what ASRock are offering us before looking at overclocking and performance of the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019